Monday, June 21, 2010

Flipping Through My Future.


So there I was perusing the local Border's Bookstore, listening to the acoustic folk sounds of All On Seven (check 'em out here or read my article about them here) and catching up on my favorite music mags when I came across this cover story on Paramore from SPIN Magazine. The author got to follow the band on tour for a few days and see the grind for himself. While opinions on the quality of the band vary (and fiery lead singer Hayley Williams wasn't pleased with some parts of the expose), the article was captivating, revealing and just good writing. If I were a dog, my tail would've been wagging. It reaffirmed in my mind that this is what I want to do for a living: tell peoples' stories—whether it's stripping down the fame-inflated or promoting the talented-but-less-than-privileged. Love a little bit o' inspiration every now and then. The aforementioned article can be found at your local magazine stand or online here where the first half can be read.

No comments: